Thursday 10 March 2016

Blue Apron ~ Alsatian Spiced Chicken

I made Alsatian Spiced Chicken with Glazed Red Cabbage.  The recipe called for Smashed Potatoes, but I substituted the potatoes with rice.

I learned that Alsace is a region of France which borders Germany and has its own unique cuisine, that combines classic French and German influences.  The chicken breasts were rubbed with Alsatian spices ~ a combination of pepper, cloves, nutmeg and ginger.  I didn't find that this spice blend to be really fabulous, but the chicken was good.

I made the rice in the same manner as I would have made the potatoes ~ with the addition of creme fraiche.  It was actually very delicious.

The best part of this recipe was the glazed red cabbage.  It was very, very easy to prepare (simply cook the cabbage in a little water until the water boils off, then add vinegar and sugar), and the payoff was fabulous!

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment