Sunday 17 July 2016

Blue Apron ~ Crispy Cod and Summer Squash

Tonight's meal of Crispy Cod and Summer Squash with a Quinoa and Arugula Salad has to be on of my favorites.  I love quinoa and ate as much of it as I could when I was in Peru.

Quinoa is not technically a grain, but is the seed of a cereal grass.  It was cultivated in the Andes and is a staple in many South American cuisines.  This salad called for red quinoa.

The summer squash, which I love, was not cooked, but was marinated in a mustard, vinegar, garlic and olive oil dressing.  The left-over dressing from the marinade was then used as the dressing for the arugula and quinoa salad.

I just love the crispy fish, which is made crispy by first dredging in flour, then egg, and finally panko breadcrumbs.  The end result is a nice and crispy piece of fish, which tonight was cod.

Made: July 17, 2016

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment